I’m not sure who utilizes Discord’s push-to-talk feature, but it’s a VOIP calling tool for professional gamers that was created to allow for seamless communication while playing. I purchased a Discord server and use it to interact with my teammates. I have to add that Discord offers flawless high-quality voice calling.
What is Push to Talk in Discord
This will be broken down in simpler terms for novices who are confused about PTT and conventional communication methods. PTT is a widespread phrase in the gaming business, and it refers to the function of using voice chat by pressing a button on the keyboard.
You must manually configure or enable Push to Talk in Discord by default. If you join the voice channel, you can expect a continuous communication line.
How do I enable Push to Talk in Discord?
It’s simple to enable Push to Talk in Discord mobile or desktop edition, and all you have to do is follow the instructions. For a pleasant experience, I recommend that users upgrade their software to the current version.
- On Windows, Mac OS, or Linux, open the Discord application. On desktop-class programs or web applications, the user interface does not alter.
- Click on the gear icon at the bottom of the screen to access user settings.
- You may find “Voice & Video” in the settings area and click on it to see more possibilities.
- Select “Push to Talk” from the “Input Mode” drop-down menu in the V&V settings.
That’s all; “Voice Activity” has been successfully transformed to “Push to Talk.” To apply the modifications, close the software and restart the computer. I’m on a desktop with an external microphone connected, and the settings apply to both inbuilt and external devices. If the microphone on Discord isn’t working, make sure you specify the microphone preference in the audio manager.
Enable PTT in Discord on your Smartphone
I can’t ignore mobile Discord users because they make up 70% of my current readership. I can’t dispute that the bulk of my Discord members uses a mobile phone to communicate. It would be an injustice for mobile communicators to ignore them and concentrate solely on desktop-class customers. Allow me to demonstrate how to use Discord push to communicate on Android, iOS, and other platforms.
- To access more possibilities, open the app and slide left on the screen. I’m referring to the user settings, which can be found by tapping on the gear symbol at the bottom.
- Scroll down until you find the Voice & Video settings, then tap on it.
- Input Mode is the first option, followed by “Push to Talk.”
How to configure Push To Talk on an iOS Device
Because PTT is not a widely used function, many registered users are unsure how to configure it. I’d want to show iOS device owners how to set up Push-To-Talk on their iPhones and iPads.
- Join any voice channel on a Discord server.
- To begin the procedure, tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of the section.
- To change the mode, tap “Input Mode.”
- Select Push-To-Talk from the options and confirm the modifications by tapping on the selection.
- Check “Input Mode” for the Push-To-Talk option twice, then hit “Close” to finish.
- To speak and converse with the team members, click the highlighted Push-To-Talk button at the bottom of the section.
In Discord, you don’t have to apply the settings globally; instead, you can adjust them according to your needs. However, I would like to remind customers that in order to use this feature, the screen backlight must be turned on. Only when you press the button on the screen will the voice be heard.
How to change Push to Talk Key in Discord
As I previously stated, AAA title games include a PTT function, which is set to one key by default. You do not wish to cause any issues while participating in the intense contest. Players usually set T or K, which clashes with games such as Counter-Strike Global Offensive or Players Unknown’s Battleground. It’s critical that you create permanent keybindings that don’t conflict with Apex Legends or other games.
- At the bottom, click on the user settings gear icon. I’ve already demonstrated this in the previous solution.
- Select Push to Talk in the input mode after clicking on Voice & Video.
- The option “Record Keybind” is located below.
- Select a key on the keyboard by clicking on the record keybind.
- You may always reset it by selecting the same option and pressing a different key on the keyboard.
Also, alter your Battle Royale keybind because it may interfere with your game at some point. Because I play Apex Legends, PUBG, Counter-Strike, and other FPS games, I recommend configuring the key based on numerous games. To be safe, I recommend thinking about a variety of games before setting the key for PTT.
The procedure of enabling Discord Push-to-Talk takes only a few seconds to finish. The software does not work in a few cases, and I have provided enough information to remedy that problem as well.