WhatsApp can be used to locate a contact in an emergency, in addition to being a social media programme for posting and calling. It is possible to monitor a user’s location for safety considerations if they have been offline for days or even months, or if they have sent messages that have not been delivered after a long period.
Even if the user hasn’t given their location via WhatsApp, this method can work.
Before you can see their location, make sure you’ve followed the procedures for using WhatsApp Web on a Windows 10 computer.
All other tabs should be closed, leaving only the WhatsApp Web tab active. Furthermore, you and the other user should have had a recent chat.
Simply go to the official site here to access WhatsApp Web. Simply go to the WhatsApp mobile app’s settings menu, click Linked Devices, touch on Link a Device, and scan the QR code using the app.
Once connected to WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- Open a chat with another user.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open the Windows Task Manager. End all active applications except the browser being used to chat.
- Press the Win (Windows logo) key + R to open Run, type cmd, and press Enter.
- Once the Command Prompt opens, enter ‘netstat –a –n –o’ and press ‘Enter.’
- Note down the IP addresses.
- Enter the IPs into an IP tracing website such as this.
- The IP Lookup results will display Latitude, Longitude, Continent, Country, State, City, Postcode, Timezone, Local Time, ISP, Organization, IP Connection Type, ASN, and PTR Record.